Ecore and Spartan Surfaces relaunch popular flooring line
Ecore, a company that converts reclaimed materials into a variety of performance surfaces, announced this week that it is partnering with flooring sales and marketing company Spartan Surfaces to relaunch its popular ECOsurfaces product line. A press release notes that the goal of the collaboration is to restore the design community’s commitment to sustainability goals.
“ECOsurfaces has always been our environmental banner with the A&D community. This strategic collaboration reinforces our commitment to a circular business model and elevates our commitment to being a leader in creating floors that do MORE for people and the planet,” said Bo Barber, executive vice president of sales and marketing at ‘Ecore. “The support of Spartan Surfaces, a major player in sales and marketing for the commercial flooring industry, adds significant momentum to this already successful collection by making it more easily accessible to the A&D community.”
The ECOsurfaces portfolio consists of six flooring solutions:
- The RX collection was designed for healthcare facilities, retirement homes and fitness facilities. The surfaces have been designed to reduce injuries sustained in slip and fall accidents while providing sound attenuation and comfort.
- Aurora has been designed for comfort and safety, with a polyurethane coated calendered rubber wear layer bonded to a Vulcanized Compound Rubber (VCR) backing.
- ECOsilence serves as a flat VCR underlay to be placed under most floor coverings.
- ECOsurfaces was designed for heavy-use, high-traffic commercial environments such as schools, day care centers and play areas, gymnasiums, building entrances, offices and more. The surface is 3.2mm thick and comes in over 30 colors.
- Origins features a design merging Ecore’s past and present. The cork added to the VCR opens up limitless design and color combinations.
- The Wellness collection is comprised of rubber, vinyl and turf surfaces for a variety of physical and therapeutic uses.
“Spartan Surfaces has a long and successful partnership with Ecore and its products. Together, we have pioneered greater environmental awareness in the commercial community,” said Sean Swanson, Vice President of Strategic Growth at Spartan Surfaces. “The relaunch of ECOsurfaces not only strengthens this partnership, but will also play directly into our relationship building strengths with the end user and design community. The ECOsurfaces brand will be a key product in our expansion plans across United States “
Matt Jones is editor of Spaces4Learning. He can be reached at [email protected].