Zach Riddley, Creative Portfolio Manager, Walt Disney Imagineering shared more details on the flooring inspired by the “Florida Project” to come in the new Cafe and Restaurant Connections to EPCO.
What is happening:
- A few days ago, Riddley revealed that the new Connections Café and Eatery will present detailed flooring designs that pay homage to Walt’s original designs for EPCOT.
- Today he revealed more originals Walt Disney World the designs will be incorporated into the flooring.
- Taking inspiration from Walt’s Florida project master plan, Imagineers designed a floor inlay for the Connections Café and Eatery that would infuse the resort’s original DNA into this new location within World Celebration.
- Disney fans might recognize the footage above from the 1967 movie EPCOT, as Walt Disney described his grand vision for “Project Florida.” Standing proudly with a pointer in hand, Walt enthusiastically relayed details of ‘Disney World’s first master plan’, including an ‘airport of the future’, visitor entrance complex, industrial park and a theme park area to the north of the property.
- A detail is the intersection of highways I-4 and US 192, represented by the orange lines that cross the map. Line drawing showing original ideas for EPCOT, magic kingdom and other recreational amenities reflect the diversity and scale that has always been the guiding vision of Walt Disney World.
- Ridley shares how he and his fellow Imagineers are honored to reflect Walt’s vision in the design of World Celebration and Connections Café and Eatery.
- He said more details will be available soon and he looks forward to opening this spring.
Laughing Place recommends MouseFanTravel.com for all your Walt Disney World travel arrangements